Followers

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Beat The Heat

Well, the heat wave seems to be over.  For now.  I hope that many of you have taken this opportunity to log some gaming hours.  I know I did.

I've pretty much been alternating between Dynasty Warriors 8 and Defiance, although I did find my old Total Overdose savefile - Providence!  I've also put a little time into Mass Effect 3.

I saw that BioWare was talking about moving the Mass Effect story forward; good for them I guess. Hopefully they won't steal anymore from Alistair Reynolds.  It's pretty bad when it's blatantly obvious.  But, at least they used a writer who probably doesn't have nearly as much popularity in North America as, Dick, Heinlein or Asimov.

That would have been priceless.  And costly.  I'm pretty sure their estates have a lot more money to sue EA and BioWare than Alistair Reynolds does.  Plus I'm pretty sure that when you're dead and have people with PoA running the show, they certainly have more time, too.

On to more positive things, I've given Dynasty Warriors 8's Ambition mode a go, and it doesn't totally suck.  Far better than Dynasty Warriors 7's Conquest Mode, which did. 

I'm also still plugging away at Defiance (and probably will for quite some time).  I just recently got smacked down by a giant robot while trying to cross what's left of the Golden Gate bridge, so I figure I'm going to have to do some more of the campaign to get down there.  We shall see.

I'm going to try to play some more Defiance tonight if I can get away with it, but due to this heat, I haven't had the energy to stay up past midnight, so here's hoping.

Electrolytes to all, and to all a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment