Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

(Hopefully) Weekly Update

I am hoping that I will start to have the wherewithal to start updating my blogs (except the cooking one) on a weekly basis, so this will hopefully be a more regular thing.

For those of you looking for something with more swear words, you can check out my political rant blog, Boobeles and Beer.  I always have something to complain about, not sure why I don't update that one more :P

Anyway, on to gaming.  I've been trying to play Mass Effect 3, however I've been having massive performance issues with it.  Maybe it's my XBox.  But seriously, this game is more unstable than a Chucky doll.

Sooo, I've been playing Borderlands 2 instead.  Yes, I finished the most recent and also very short DLC, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

I mean, seriously Gearbox?  It was funny as hell, but it was no Secret Armoury of General Knoxx.  Granted, I haven't done the sidequests, but almost all of the DLC for BL1 was longer, and ultimately cost just as much.

Other than that, I finished Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.  I actually really liked it, other than the final mission because I couldn't switch to my FN P90.  While I haven't played Advanced Warfighter (I lost my taste for the series with GR2, actually), I have to say, I'd say that Future Soldier is a pleasant step in the right direction.

No news on Fable 3, though.  I have to admit, it gets boring pretty quick.  Hopefully if there is a Fable 4, they broaden out the combat system.  A lot.  Because that's what sucks.

In other news, GOG.com is still running specials all summer.   You guys missed the Eidos one (actually, I think it was all Ion Storm stuff, so Deus Ex, Anachronox, Dai Katana, etc), but there are a few ones up now, and they'll change out every now and then.  Plus, it's always good to see which classic games they've given the Good Old Games treatment to!

Now, from this point on, I'm going to try to get Mass Effect 3 finished; I want to get that one under my belt so that I have almost all of my remaining long games taken care of.  I want to finish Quake 4 before summer is up.  After that, it'll be Demon's Souls and Dark Souls!

No comments:

Post a Comment